Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Inspiring Chef

Hello my name is Nausheena.  I'm going to tell you a little about myself. I've been married for 6 years to my husband Marcel.  We have three beautiful children.  I'm from South Carolina and I've been living in Philadelphia for 10 years now.  I'm an inspiring chef.  I love to cook.  I've been cooking since I was 12.  I learned how to cook by watching and helping my Mom and Grandma in the kitchen.  I'm starting Culinary Arts School this November to further my skill set. My husband specialty is on the grill.  It started out as a hobby for him which turned into a passion.  Our goal is to run a successful catering and restaurant business. We are currently working out of our home.  You can see some of our work on our facebook page at BurtonSmokehouse.

I would like to share one of my favorite recipes with you. This is my version of.....LASAGNA!!!

INGREDIENTS  (8 servings)           

  • 1 pound of ground beef  ( You can substitute sausage)
  • 26 to 28 ounce of your favorite tomato sauce ( I like to use Hunts or Del Monte)
  • 1 box of lasagna noodles (about 6) 
  • 15 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 1 large vidalia onion (1 cup)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • Salt
  • Pepper 
  • 1 teaspoon oregano 
  • 1/4 tablespoon parsley
  • 1 tablespoon to 1 cup sugar to taste (optional)
  • 1/4 lb or 4 ounces Parmesan, grated
  • 1 1/2 lb or 24 ounces Mozzarella, grated
  • 1-14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 large bell pepper

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS


  1. In a large saucepan cook ground beef; add onion, garlic, bell pepper until meat is brown. Drain.
  2. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomatoes sauce, and seasoning into meat mixture.
  3. Cook noodles according to directions on box until Al dente. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Drain well and set aside.
  4. Filling: Combine egg, ricotta and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
  5. Spread 1/2 cup of cup sauce over bottom baking dish. Layer 3 to 4 cooked noodles in the bottom (depending on size of dish) trimming or overlapping as necessary to fit. Spread more filling; top with meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. If desired sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top. (I like to add cheddar cheese to mine. Make it your own).
  6. Place baking dish on baking sheet (to catch and drippings and keeping your oven clean). Bake at 375 for 30 - 45 minutes or until heated through. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.  
Hope You Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

  REACH US HERE OR ON THE WEB @ WWW.EAGACOMPANYLLC.COM

People also searched